Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My first earthquake

Hey everybody.

I was told by a buddy of mine that the SF Bay Area gets an earthquake a day. I hadn't known that till now. I never felt them.

Well today, that changed. lol.

At 8:04 pm pacific time, we got a 5.6 earthquake. Not huge, but still pretty big. Thats what the people here say, but hey, I'm from New York, we don't do earthquakes (though NY is capable of getting them).

The first thing I heard was like, a bang. Then everything started to shake and the ground felt like it was rolling. At first, I didn't know what it was, then it hit me, and I ran for a doorway to stand between (does this actually work?) I thought the world was coming to an end or something. I was like "OH SHIT!!! THIS IS THE END!!!" luckily though everything was okay. I turned on the news, and to them, it was "moderate." Seems other east coasters who have never experienced an earthquake it was like the second coming if you know what I mean. I'm pretty shaken up. When it first happened and we were getting aftershocks (and continue to) I was pretty shaken up (no pun intended).

I'm okay now though. Nothing was damaged.

I think some people though I was lying, so here's a link thats proof of it.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/10/30/BA19T3RCD.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

Anyways, till next time people. PEACE!!!

No comments: